Sunday 24 August 2014

Kew

Yesterday I spent a very enjoyable day with my daughter at Kew Gardens, London.  In all my 51 years I have never been - bad isn't it?  I never realised just how huge it is.

It took us an absolute age to get there on public transport but we had the weather with us and were determined to enjoy our day.

We specifically went to see the Plantasia exhibition at the Gardens which is all about "the life enhancing power of plants".

We climbed the Pagoda, all 253 steps and saw the healing giant below.




Took to the skies in the treetop walkway - it was quite windy and the walkway (mesh!!!) was swaying beneath us.  You can see the Temperate House here but it was closed due to restoration works.


  Saw some yarnbombing haha


and even evidence of some zentangling going on.

We visited the Palm House and Prince of Wales Conservatory and had a short ride on the land train "Kew Explorer" and then we ended with the Barefoot Walk where we got to feel all different kinds of textures beneath our feet - even mud! haha

We both had a great day out and would recommend Kew as a wonderful play for anyone who wants to recharge their batteries and experience the wonder of nature.

Thanks for reading and have a great Sunday. x

- ♥ -


1 comment:

Dotty Jo said...

Well, in all my 49 years I've never been either! This is odd as my hubby is a professional gardener. Thanks for the pics, and for dropping by at my blog again - always good to see you there, Jo x