Thursday 25 March 2010

Spring Inchies

I am today going to show you my inchies I have made for the March Inchie swap over on Bubbly Funk Forum. The theme was spring. I did think of putting actual springs on the inchies but then decided against it. haha

Stumped as to what else I could do I Googled spring and searched images and found a painting by Susan Hazard entitled "Spring Poppies" 2005.

ah ha I thought and reached for my Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers. I used the colour Gold for the background and the poppies themselves are Purple Twilight, Sunshine Yellow, Pink Sherbet, Watermelon with Pitch Black centres and Citrus leaves. Don't these all have wonderful names?


I can't wait to see what I receive in the swap. It is always surprising how people interpret a prompt or theme.

Thanks for stopping by. x

9 comments:

Kaz said...

Fab inchies Tracey, they're so bright and fresh xx

tracy said...

Ooo i love that picture,and i love your take on them with your inchies :)

Sue said...

I love your interpretation of the picture, so bright and cheery.
Sue x

Janice said...

That is great Tracey, I love that picture and your inchies are a great interpretation of it.

Angelnorth said...

Love these Tracey! I do like the fact you're willing to go at stuff without the aid of stamps or printed images and stuff and it turns out great!

Hazel said...

What a super idea to use that painting for inspiration - I love your inchies - and love the fact that I'll be getting one of them x

Gez Butterworth said...

OOOoh Tracey these are FAB.xx

Karen said...

ooooo these are FABULOUS Tracey...love the colours...really makes you think of sunshine! Can't wait to get my mitts on one of these little gems XXX

Kathy said...

The inchies are fab and so is the painting you took for your inspiration - I wouldn't mid that on my wall