Sunday 31 May 2009

Layout

Well after working on it all week I have finally finished by Bubblies Retreat Layout. yippee!!I didn't complete mine during the class whilst at Toad Hall because I was going to make it 12 x 12 and then I thought about putting it in my retreat book and that is what I have done.

The papers are Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket and the layout recipe can be found on the Bubbly Scrumptious blog under "Bubblies". I was limited as to what I could do because I put it straight into the journal but I think it has turned out quite well. The stitching had to be done by hand as I don't have a sewing machine and I didn't take the pages out of the book so it would have been impossible if I did have a machine anyway. haha.

My papers are quite busy so I didn't feel the need to do the extra flowers at the top left but think it needs something - what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.
x

9 comments:

Kaz said...

Tracey it looks brilliant!! I love the way you did it over the 2 pages (ooeerrr)!!

Loving those letters, which ones are they, as I likes letters I do!

Traceyr said...

I have used my Sizzex dies to cut the letters out that is "fun serif". The numbers are stamps that I cut round and they are Papermania AlphaMania. :)

Gez Butterworth said...

FANTASTIC Tracey! :-D Wow!

The colours are great & so are your flowers. Love how you have put Toad Hall in the centre of one. Don't think it needs anything top left. Oooh LOVE your hand stitching. You have set the standard for us now Tracey. XXX

Janice said...

Great idea to include it in your journal, looks great to me.

Angelnorth said...

I think it looks fab just as it is, no extras needed! Love the sloppy poppies and the leaves look fab with them!

Karen said...

This is wonderful Tracey!!! I love that you have done it straight into your book (I may snaffle that idea!). The only thing that I feel is needed is for us all to get together again very soon! X

Beth said...

Loe it, love it, Tracey. What you have done to it is just perfect, no need for anything else to be added. XX

Di said...

This is fab Tracey, I've not been able to blog hop for ages but I sneaked in for a peek at your blog at last. What a fantastic idea to put it straight into your journal.

cookcreateread said...

Tracey!!! How come I haven't seen this before?! It looks really lovely and I love that it is in your journal! You are very clever the way you've adapted Di's lesson - fab fab fab! (don't tell Di, but I still haven't finished mine! shhhhh lol)