Saturday 31 January 2009

Q4 of 52

Well here is my fourth installment of 52 this took some time as it needed to dry. Inspired by Jackson Pollock, who's birthday was on the 28th. Although he died some years ago his art has led me to experiment with acrylic paints this week.

I used my ranger paint dabbers straight from the pot and used a stick to apply the paint direct to the tag, some of the paint I left thicker that others. I got into a yummy mess with this one. tee hee

The reverse of the card took some time too as the words where cut out of a magazine "ransom stylee" - this took some time as I found myself reading the magazine rather than finding the words. :)


8 comments:

Janice said...

Wow Jackson Pollock eat your heart out. Love the idea of using words from a mag, might have to steal that.

Di said...

Oh another fab card Tracey....reminds me, I must do mine or Janice will be after me with that pointy stick...ha ha!

Traceyr said...

Steal away Janice, I got the idea from somewhere else - not my idea sssh.

Di I'll protect you from the pokey stick just stand behind me. lol Janice wouldn't dare poke me with it (I hope haha)

Karen said...

oooo what a brilliant idea! You may have 'borrowed' it Tracey but you have done a fabby job!!! Your collection is going to be so vibrant. Fancy a swap hehehehe X

Angelnorth said...

Is there a name for that then? Optophobia? Fab 52Q card, love the Pollock inspiration!

Traceyr said...

Just me being a scardy cat I think Joanne.

:)

Beth said...

What a different card from you this week Tracey. Love the blues in this one too. XX

Gez Butterworth said...

WOW!! simply fabby tag Tracey. :o)

Glad to see you got round showing a single eye shot!!