Tuesday 7 July 2009

Eat more cake!!

Hi folks,

today I want to show you a card I made for the Bubbly Scrumptious June Challenge of "Cupcakes". Well I need lots of birthday cards in July so this was an ideal time to make one and the theme of cakes always lends itself very nicely to birthdays doesn't it?


I have shaped a card blank into a cupcake and distress inked the icing in worn lipstick and the cake in vintage photo. I masked out the lines on the cake to create the illusion of the marks the cake case makes when the cake is baked. Finished with a button cherry and bugle bead and Zoomz sprinkles. The sentiment is handwritten and is the quote, "Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake!"

Please check out the Bubbly Scrumptious blog for lots of inspiration and wonderful creations. The blog is updated everyday with lots of makes and fun stuff. THEY EVEN HAVE BLOG CANDY THIS MONTH ..................

Thanks for stopping bye. Ciao x

7 comments:

cookcreateread said...

Ooooh that is yummy Tracey! I love how you've inked the 'case'

Angelnorth said...

Love the sprinkles and button cherry - cute!

Karen said...

ooo this is brilliant Tracey, I love the shape!!! Thank you for taking part in the challenge XXX

Janice said...

ooh very Sir Time with your distress inks and masking lol Lovely cake sweetie!

Kaz said...

Oh that's lovely Tracey! I'm so envious of your handwriting everytime I see it.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Tracey!...x

Kathy said...

How come I missed this one?

Looks yum, Tracey